Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 2nd attempt

PhoenixRising

Nice second go, I'm doing the same at the moment, your image shows all the outer fine detail I have been trying to get.

I believe in order to get both the outer and inner core, you should combine images of differing exposure times which is the technique I'm trying to learn..

No guiding, just standard motors on an EQ3/2 and half an hour balancing the stand and polar aligning properly, taking 5,10,15,30 sec exposures and adjusting the motor speed until the stars stop "streaking".

Ive got to learn how to do a star drift test to really get good pics I guess. Thanks for the comments :icon_eek:

Getting a 200P and EQ5 stand tomorrow already! Im selling my 150PL and EQ3/2 Mount that my pics are taken on later this week, only had it 6 weeks as an early Christmas present, dont think the Missus will be impressed somehow!

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I get impatient and debate swapping from my EQ3-2 Skywatcher 150P for a HEQ5 and a 200P much the same as you Phoenix, this bug is prooving too costly isn't it no turkey this xmas!!! I don't dare work out what I'v spent so far......anyway to the point had a play in photoshop kinda practicing for when i have my own images. What do you think?

29942d1260147423t-m42-2nd-attempt-nio.jpg

post-17852-133877415456_thumb.jpg

Archived