Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Collimating my Skywatcher 150 and 130

How do I collimate my Skywatcher 130 and 150?

I have a laser but not 100% sure how and what to adjust.

This is what I have:

28631d1256499983t-1-25-fit-laser-colli-laser-002.jpg

I centred the laser by turning it in the focuser and adjusting the lasers grab screws till the dot didn't move on the primary mirror.

Thats as far as I got lol.

Cheers, Thing :icon_eek: , I used to have that guide in my "favourites", but when my last PC died I lost all of that stuff, so its now back in my favourites. That video combined with Astro-Babys guide should solve any collimation problems. :hello2:

Better still some scope manufacturer should buy the licensing to my guide as an exclusive - I'd even sell it cheap. Dont want much really. celestron could have it for a CPC 1100 - SkyWatcher could have the same for a similar deal :icon_eek:

• 4 months later...

Superb and thanks for this.

I just had a chat with a dealer about one or two things, who basically suggested I was a chuffin nutter for buying a 150 newtonian as my first scope....

How you going to collimate it ??? It won't be as good as a refractor - spend the money on a refractor and you won't regret it.......!!!

Thanks to this guide, I think I can manage to collimate and the guy was just an opinionated old duffer - praps. But there you go.

Thanks for all the efoort put into this guide. I am now calmer about my purchase. :)

Archived