Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette, Olly and Tom.

ollypenrice

725017761_qU5nM-X2.jpgHi all, Tom has said to go ahead and post my version of this one, though I don't doubt his will see it off. The colour is all mine using FSQ85 and Atik 4000 one shot colour, previously posted. The Ha is Tom's with our 4000 mono and his own FSQ106 on our mount. My processing. I didn't try the O111 Tom took becuase I liked this as it was. Incidentlally it has made a really lovely print, something which doesn't always happen. I think I'll reshoot the cluster and central areas in the 5 inch to tighten up the cluser stars, 'cracks' and Boks.

As an aside I did add Tom's luminance to the synthetic lum from the OSC camera but the improvement was slight. In a nutshell I think the OSC handles itself pretty well. The mono AND OSC combination is overwhelmingly tempting. Way easier than trying to do two LRGB images on two mounts at the same time. That does sometimes drive me scranny. My checquebook finger is twitching...

Olly

A beautiful pic, well done. I'm really happy that it came out ths well.

You've got the 2 tiered pink effect in there.

I have 90mins of O3 data with the Astronomik filter, and there are so many halos in it, that I was wondering what it could add. I 'll layer it in somehow but I doubt it'll make much difference. As for the cluster, it would be great to tighten it up a bit. Only another to go before the moon leaves us!

Thanks all. Javier, the star colours I enchanced a little in Photoshop before saving as a copy. I then re-applied just these origainal stars after adding the Ha to the image. I found I couldn't re-apply the original star colour to stars within the nebula but only to those seen against the background sky, but I think it was still worth it. These Ha dominated images can look very red-monochromatic without a bit of relief.

I also toyed with 3D here, sharpening and adding saturation to foreground objects and doing the reverse to the areas immediately behind them. Monique, my partner, is a professional painter so I picked her brains on how to create depth. The effect is tiny but worth working on some more, I reckon. I wonder what other folks have tried?

Olly

Olly

Great colour Olly with good stars maintained, often stars are overlooked and suffer somewhat. As for giving depth of field, saturation and brightening help but sharpening those light/dark edges can make a difference I have found. John.

Archived