Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

jupiter 27th nov bye bye

neil phillips

Jupiter is getting difficult now, i think this is my last untill better times come, seeing was good but transparency bad, as such i had full gain at 1/15th secs exposure for about 2000 noisey frames, 1000 stacked here 140%. This is my first shot with a meade 8"Sct lx10. purchased off a member on this forum, i had no hand controller, no polar alignment, and bad drift. i had to keep pausing the image manually moving it back forth and starting it again. considering all things, i couldnt have done any better im sure.

Meade scopes seem to come second to Celestron on reputation. however this SCT shows lovely star tests either side. My 12" is a beast to setup. I need hours of clear weather to even think about setting it up. so this SCT will certainly fill in the gaps. i can be in and out, between clouds. something i can not do with that. some lunar images will follow

4138580383_c8f551bc19_o.png

Excellent shot Neil. Jupiter has shrunk to 38", but is also well past the meridian.

It must be very difficult to get good data. I must admit, with a certain amount of shame (especially after seeing this image), that I said bye bye to Jupiter about a Month ago.

Cheers Clayton with the poor trans and a single shot camera its tough for a 8" scope, but i got good focus even though frames are like dandruff lol, if trans had been better, i think i could have got more detail. but its tight, if seriously being pushed. im happy with that

Thanks for the comments,
Ivor im useing a meade 8" SCT lx 10, with a DFK colour camera, the best cheapest cameras for lunar are a spc 900 mono, and a DMK21AU04 mono camera, The DMK being the better. but more costly. i used a Celestron ultima 2x barlow, No eyepiece just barlow and camera.
Hope this helps

Archived