NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars Rovers

Grant

Hi Grant

Yesterday i attended a "Exploring the Solar System" meeting organized by the BAA and held at the Cavendish Laboratory in Cambridge.One of the guest speakers was Prof Steven Squyres who is the principle investigator of the Mars Exploration Rover team at Cornell University in the US.He more or less came straight to Cambridge from Gatwick airport and delivered probably one of the best talks i've ever heard and he was suffering from jet lag as well.It was quite a insight into what goes on with these missions and i think everyone who was there had great respect for him and his team.

All the best

Martin

Im not to sure if he will be giving any more talks Russ.This week the division of planetary scientists are holding there annual meeting in Cambridge and the BAA decided to grab a few to do some talks whilst they are here you got to listen to all these speakers for £5 with lunch included.Other talks on the day were:-

Prof Carolyn Porco-Principal investigator,Cassini imaging system,Space Science Institute,Colorado

Prof John Zarnecki-Principal investigator,Huygens surface science,The Open University

Dr Richard Schmude,Jupiter & Remote planets section director,ALPO

Prof Mike A'Hearn,Principal investigator,Deep Impact,University of Maryland

All the best

Martin

Archived