NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Argh a dent!

I have dented my Dob already!

I tripped over my own trainers and kicked it!!

Will it effect it in anyway, its a tiny dent right at the bottom of the scope..

Ive have a good look inside the tube and it doesn't seem to have damaged anything on the inside..

I'm gutted!

Kain

First light tonight, it a prefect night for it!!

Kain

Hope so - test driving the 22" tonight at Ambermile to make sure nothing got screwed up in the refurbishing before it's away to Essex. I have a ladder this time :D

Good luck with your first light - be prepared for some wicked views!

Arthur

Thats cool then, I didn't think it would really hurt it, but I was a little worried lol.

I can't wait for it to get dark tonight! It seems to be taking forever!!

Good luck with your scope too Arthur! I bet that will show some stunning views!

Kain

It may sound sad Kain, but other people's first-light reports are nearly as exciting as it being your own!

Especially in such a jump in aperture - 4 inches to 10 inches!! WOW :D

Well, didn't fall of the ladder (but I may need a bigger one) but did get a scratch on the paintjob :D Will post some pics of the scope in action tomorrow, not through it though. Jupiter was wicked, M13 OK, M57 miserable, then clouds...

Arthur

Kain,

Look at it this way you've left your mark on it, so it's really yours...All my scopes have battle scars on them ...Gives them a homely used feel!!

Glad your optics are undamaged...just check the collimation and you'll be fine...

Greg....(Champion breaker of all things expensive!!)

Yeah everything seems to be fine..

My old school teacher lives down the road from me who I remember was into telescopes and things, he came up last night with some bits and bob to check the collimation, he said it was spot on. :D

Kain

Archived