Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Shuttle launch STS 109

David Galvin

Just a quick note that Shuttle STS-109 is on the pad due for launch at 19:28 U.T on Monday 16th November. It has a 10 minute window and hopefully the good weather will hold. It may be possible to observe it as it comes up over the U.K 18 - 20 mins later.

Latest news can be found at:

NASA - Space Shuttle

and the live launch is (usually) shown on Nasa T.V.

NASA - NASA TV

Good luck, 21hours 21mins to go......

Did you meen STS-129? Atlantis will launch on the STS-129 mission at 2:28 p.m. EST Nov. 16

OOPS, yep STS-129 but I was very tired.:rolleyes:

Five minutes to go.

Don't forget to look out towards the west around 19:45, you may just catch the shuttle and the reddish fuel tank come up over the U.K.

Give yourself 10 mins either way.

I think the reason we didn't see it was the sun was too far set. You will only see the shuttle pass if you would have also seen the ISS, as the reason yous ee it is the fact that it is dusk/dawn, the sun is over the horizon and shining off the craft as they pass over. Latest ISS pass for me is around 19:15 here, which means it launched 30 mins too late to see it. We were lucky with STS-127 - that was beautiful as it passed over at just the right time...

Archived