Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rigel QuikFinder

It comes with a base plate and some double sided sticky tape. You *can* drill it on if you want - I didn't bother.

I've got it mounted along side a RA erecting fiderscope on my dob. Works a treat. Use the quikfinder to work out where you're pointing, then jump to the finderscope to hop to what I want to see.

It fastens onto the OTA with no problems using double side foam tape. For a stronger fixing I placed a piece of sandpaper face side up on the OTA and rubbed the mounting base back and forth along it to put a curve into the base that matches the OTA and then used some double sided black foam tape (Sellotape Exterior Sticky Fixers) to stick it in place. So well attached that you could pick up the OTA with it.

Here's a photo of one fitted to my OMC140.

John

As the others have said, very easy to mount and use. Easier to align with the scope than many finders as well thanks to 3 easy to adjusting knobs on the front of it - no tools required !.

I have one next to an 8x50 optical finder on my Lightbridge 12" dob. Projects .5 and 2 degree red rings against the sky which really helps with star-hopping.

John

Sounds good, thanks for the replies!

John have you ever thought about going into business as a scope & accessory designer?!

Funny you should mention that. I have a few ideas that I'll be looking into over the winter and who knows what might come of it. Might there be a proper dob kit some day?

John

Archived