Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My 250PX Dob

Sunwind

Congrats on the new dob, great choice.

Judging by the number of posts on the subject the 250PX seems to be taking over the world. It manages to hit that sweet spot for cost vs aperture, has great optics and is not too big to move around. While easy for the complete beginner to use it also offers a lot for the more experienced observer.

I've been very pleased with my 250PX, mikes a nice companion to my 14" dob.

John

I picked up a 10" skywatcher Dob on monday, so i think the bad weather is a collective thing lol.

Just had a nose at that piccie, whats the black shroud over top? does it reduce urban light absorbtion? Also what is that little box on top?

I picked up a 10" skywatcher Dob on monday, so i think the bad weather is a collective thing lol.

Just had a nose at that piccie, whats the black shroud over top? does it reduce urban light absorbtion? Also what is that little box on top?

the black shroud is an Aztrozap Dew Shield and the little box is a Wixey, a degree altimeter

Archived