Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

veil neb wide view

astrokat

managed to get out for a hour before the clouds rolled in first time in about a week due to the poo weather,

this is 5 min x 10 at 1600

im still trying to get used to processing so il post the original stack aswell as my ago at processing please feel free to have a fiddle

thanks toby

[ATTACH]28902[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28903[/ATTACH]

Great stuff Toby, it looks as though you finally have polar alignment sorted. Just shows, don't discard any data on first impressions till you've had a chance to do some processing.

The improvements in your images is astounding considering the short time you've been doing it. Great colours and detail. There is some slight elongation of stars so maybe drop the exposure down to 4 mins and take more subs to compensate. I would also hazard a guess that the strong winds of late have not helped. Keep up the good work.

Carl

A lightbox helps you to take flats, in turn expel any nasty gremlins in your imaging train including vignetting, dust bunnies etc. It can be easly constructed. I used foam board from the Range Shop, tracing paper glued on the dividers & a hot glue gun, also covered the box with black craft paper. Here's my build for the wo66sd.

http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/82354-lightbox-wo66sd.html

Backyard Scope

Hi,

Sorry, I don't know how to link to it but there was a disussion about this on a thread of mine on Oct 5th in the equipment discussion section. You can buy electro-luminescent sheets which light up evenly to help you get good flats. I do think you need them one way or another because the images you have taken deserve them. They're good.

Olly

Archived