Good weather forecasting site

Has anyone got any recommendations for decent weather forecasting sites (ie not the BBC which seems to consist of a random weather generator algorithm :icon_eek:).

Obviously sites geared towards anticipated cloud cover are favoured!

Hope I've posted this thread in the right part of the forum.

Cheers

RW

I use metcheck. But in defence of the BBC and Metoffice we do live in the UK which has, and always had, changeable (random) weather.

Today I went out at lunch, it was dry, dull, cold, 5 minutes later odd spots of rain, 15 minutes later it stepped up and rained, I headed back to work. As I got back it lessened, then 15 minutes later the sun was out.

No weather site can predict that but it what we seem to expect, and not in as big an area but for our back gardens only.

Looking out a window is useful, local and accurate:evil6::icon_eek::evil6::)

You say that Steve but I looked out at 17.30 and it was clear so et up, polar aligned and collimated.

Went in to have dinner and heard the rain on the conservatory roof, jut got scope in before it poured.

Have a guess it's nearly clear again :icon_eek:

I now just look out of the window... and that's the weather!!

Well I woke up on Sunday morning to bright sunshine, the obsy was open after an overnight imaging run. Checked there was no sign of rain, all clear. 2 minutes later, chucking it down.

I've been out under a star spangled sky and it's started raining.

Thanks for all your input, I've had a look at the suggestions and I like sat24 so I will be giving this a go. It worked for me last night, 6pm clear skies but sat24 was not encouraging so I didn't set up, sure enough 7pm 100% cloud cover.

This morning woke at 6am to clear skies, a slight frost (+1C) and a beautiful moon.

RW

You say that Steve but I looked out at 17.30 and it was clear so et up, polar aligned and collimated.

Went in to have dinner and heard the rain on the conservatory roof, jut got scope in before it poured.

Have a guess it's nearly clear again :icon_eek:

Ahhh!

Well DOC you looked out at the wrong time...

Had you looked out when it had started raining then THAT would have been the weather...

My system is only accurate at the moment that you actually look!

Sort of a very short term forecast..

Must be reviewed constantly...

Especially where I live.. rain, hail, snow, sleet, sunshine, sunburn, fog, freezing rain and frogs, bats et al. all year round

(Snow on highest peaks this morning btw.... winter seriously on the way)

But... I can assure you.. much, much more reliable than, and cheaper than.. the MET OFFICE..

Steve

Archived