NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First view of Orion Nebula

Chris H

Tonight I have had my first view of the Orion Nebula and OMG it was amazing. Viewing conditions were very poor to say the least, the moon is full, as I'm sure you are all aware and because it is very windy here in north wales, and my scope was blowing around, I thought what the heck and set my Skywatcher 130 up in the house with a view through an open window. Still despite all this I was most impressed, I could see the trapezium and a some nebulosity. Roll on better conditions and a moon less night ;):):(

• 2 weeks later...
Put an OIII filter inline and the nebula becomes an astonishing sight.

Would this filter : Narrowband - Baader Narrowband CCD Emission Line & H-Alpha Filters 2"

be suitable for visual or dSLR work? It's just the constant use of "CCD" in the product description that's putting me off. Also, could you tell me what does the OIII filter accentuate, is it certain types of nebulosity?

Archived