Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

modding 1000d

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 1000D mod is really easy as theirs no soldering or anything like that. The ribbon cables can be a bit fiddly but they not too bad. I'm no electrician and tend to have more thumbs than fingers when it comes to the fiddly stuff in electronics but I still managed to mod my 1000D very easily - it took about 40mins and all you need is a set of small phillips head screw drivers and a tooth pick. ;)

Sam

ok looking like i may give this ago myself where and what filter do i need to get is there any thing else i would need or need to know thanks

If you're not using the camera for normal photography and are not bothered about the autofocus not working then you can always do the mod without replacing the filter. That's what I did for mine and as it only gets used astro imaging then it wasn't a problem.;)

right got my first light just before rain set in post it soon as ive had a fiddle , when i focused on vega i found that it was bloted it was in focus aswell why is this before it would be a pin point of bright light

You are probably getting too much IR on the sensor. Atmospheric chromatic dispersion and any refractors in the way will spread the path of the much greater wavelength band that your sensor is sensitive to. That's just my hunch.

Archived