NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

She's live - The Bundle Observatory

I am so hapopy I could literally just weep..

Obs went live tonight and is currently imaging NGC281 as a test run.

Dual laptop rig (laptop 1 now running PHD/GPUSB/DSI-C) on guide duty, as well as a few other bits and bobs, and PC2 running Atik 314L.Atik motor filter wheel (CLS, H-A, OIII, SII, HB)...PC2 will soon be running CDC and EQDIR...

Main cables not in yet, so running a big extension lead from the house to it at the mo...and the ethernet also not fully connected yet..

But,

The pier is superb...level and goto hit 281 spot on the money (and that's with the HBOX and not EQMOD), everything ticking away nicely. I have the art capture software running 10x10 minute sequences to test it out...nothing major tonight, as the desks and other bits go in tomorrow, and hopefully the mains and ethernet...

But...

It took 5 minutes to power up, align, goto, focus.. and start the imaging sequence.. not 45 and then hooping it all works...

It's called the Bundle Observatory...as it's what I call my wife and daughter as terms of endearment...my little bundles of joy..

Best £1200 ish quid I have ever spent... superb construction, and dead easy to move the roof back..

Sounds excellent. ;)

I sorely miss having the ability to build an obsy - I live in a flat, albeit on the ground floor. It may eventually encourage me to sell-up and buy a house. Seriously. I suspect all the lugging of gear to and from the car & site will eventually culminate in such a move. Please post your photo-results! ...and some of the obsy itself, if poss. :)

North and above 45' it's superb, South I have a 2-3 hour window between us and next door

About 220' of good sky.. West to.North to East being really great (and an added bonus it overlooks Robbie Williams house)

not quite...he's been to the local pub a few times, and costa coffee in Devizes... having been on the receiving end of endless grief from groupies and fans, (in days of yore...when I worked with some well known pop groups), I'd not want to have to deal with it to the level someone like he does.

Anyway....the obs is about to open up again...hopefully the SII data for my NGC281 to finish off a nice test commission run

Archived