NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31 through Canon lens

rich_t

This was the first time I'd tried out the H9 camera on the back of my 200/2.8 lens. I bought the lens a few years ago but mainly done daylight photography with it.

With the H9 camera it gives a FOV of around 3 degrees. It seems to work well although changing the LRGB filters in a DIY filter holder is a bit nasty!

Total exposure was 2hr 50mins at F2.8 on Sunday/Monday nights. Sub lengths were 100sec for L and between 60 and 75 sec for R,G,B binned (still burn't the core out a bit), next time I'm not going to bin the RGB at this short focal length!

Thanks for looking,

Rich.

post-13484-133877404838_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much for the comments, the stars in the blue and L filters were a tad bloated, not sure if this was the sky (as they were taken on a different day to the green and red) or due to my setup, more investigation required I think.

Looks like my DIY side by side bar held out OK, knew that dovetail bar that came with the EQ6 would come in useful:)

Just tried to smooth the core a bit as it seemed a bit burnt out.

Thanks,

Rich.

post-13484-133877404935_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much.

MaCross - This is the 200/2.8 prime, really like it. Regarding the FOV, this was 200mm with a 9mm sensor, so about the same FOV as an 800mm lens on a full frame sensor. It was cropped slightly as I rotated the image a bit to get a better composition.

Thanks,Rich.

Thanks very much.

MaCross - This is the 200/2.8 prime, really like it. Regarding the FOV, this was 200mm with a 9mm sensor, so about the same FOV as an 800mm lens on a full frame sensor. It was cropped slightly as I rotated the image a bit to get a better composition.

Thanks,Rich.

Ah cheers for that rich_t! I thought it was too good to be true to get this FOV of 200mm on its own ;) Gosh I bet the 200mm prime is a fantastic lens!

Well done you!

Archived