Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starspikes Pro

Mr Carbonis been busy and has developed a new plugin for Photoshop and most other graphic aps that can use PS plugins...

All singing all dancing spike generation with halos spectra etc all adjustable... SO for the frac or Cardi user thats feeling left out...

M45-Spikes.jpg

M45-MadSpikes.jpg

He's also released a few updates for his actions which are free to existing users...

Peter...

Yeah $60... but full control of where, what angle , length etc as well as how intense how colorful etc... as the law of the grassy turf will mean I'll end up with then in the wrong place if it go for the cotton thread approach...

Clear skies being so rare I rather not leave the spikes to chance...

Peter...

• 2 weeks later...
How do you get the normal star spikes??? new to all of this.

simon

Simon, spikes are a product of diffraction within the telescope tube. The ones normally seen in images are caused by the secondary mirror holder in a newtonian reflector. In theory, you shouldn't get spikes with a refractor, and these tools can be used to add them to the image.

I thought i read somewhere, but could be totally wrong that you could stick some cotton across the end of the scope in a cross hairs shape.:( Trouble is I have a NEXSTAR 8SE so hard for me to do on a SCT. Best I use a bit of software then.;)

si

Archived