Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My 8" Beauty...

Lowstar

Well, here she sits in all her finery.. my Orion 8" Dobsonian. Although she was very pleasingly black i stuck a couple of (well.. 6) decals to brighten it up a little.

The weather here has offered some good opportunities for viewing lately and i`m adding constantly to clusters & galaxies found. More than that having a good time getting the hang of this hobby.

ATB

Will.

PA070003.jpg

PA070006.jpg

Glad you liked the pics:D

Deneb.

The primary knobs are original equipment and they work faultlessly. I was thinking of getting a set of Bob`s Knobs for the secondary mirror as the o.e collimation grub screws have very small, 2mm, allen heads and can be a pain to locate. That said after reading the manual and doing the collimation in sequence it hasn`t moved since.:D

Tonight was the best evenings viewing since i got the scope. Very dark skies, loads of stars and no moon. Perfect conditions though a bit cold at the end!!

Hope everyone had the same conditions.

Will.

Will, that's a great scope, I have one just like it except I took it off the Dob mount and have had it on an HEQ5 and then a EQ6. You're going to really enjoy that scope there's just so much you can see through it.:D

Sam

Archived