Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC342 - Version 2

Sam

Image: 65 X 360secs at ISO 800, 12 X 360 at ISO 400

Camera: Modded Canon 1000D

Telescope: Skywatcher 250px, 10" reflector

Autoguiding: ST80, QYH5, EQ6 Syntrek

Software: PHD, EQMOD, PixInsight, DSS

Here's my revisit of IC 342. At 7hr 42mins it's probably about enough to get a reasonable result. If I ever had another shot at this one I'd crank up the subs to 420 or 480 secs to try and get a bit more of the fainter bits. The processing was pretty hard work. The weather is certainly making it tough to get extra data for this! The data has been collected over four nights from last month and two nights ago.

lightbucket-albums-lightbucket-s-best-pics-picture3025-9-oct-09-ic-342.jpg

Sam

I disagree Sam, that's not a reasonable result, that's a great one! Nearly 8 hours' worth on any other galaxy would bring out a wealth of data but this one is certainly a challenge! Superb stuff :D.

Tony..

Thank you very much for the comments. This has been a real tough one to get much detail out of. Tonight I'm not sure if I'll go after any more for this or try another object. Either way I'm going to go up to 8min subs as I've got the tracking sorted - just have to hope not too many aeroplanes blast through.:D

Sam

Archived