Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope House Revelation 2 Inch Dielectric Diagonal

Telescope house are offering these at £65 including delivery. This seems a great deal but does anyone have any expereince of actually using one ?. They look cosmetically very similar to the William Optics models.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a 2 inch diagonal on my Skywatcher ED80 - I currently use a 1.25 inch Tele Vue Everbright which is excellent but obviously limits me to smaller eyepieces.

Apart from acess to larger field of view eyepieces are there any other benefits from moving up to a 2 inch diagonal ?.

Thanks,

John,

North Somerset

They are in fact pretty well identical to the williams optics one. I actualy use the antares branded one and apart from the asthetics on mine ( the antares one is the same mirror in a different shell) i love it.. I will nbever go back to using a 37mm diagonal again.

I dont know if you are aware or not but all the williams optics (ZS80) add on's will retrofit onto the antares sentinal and the revelation 80mm, they are in fact identical scopes.

John,

If I am not mistaken, it is the same as the one TelescopeHouse package with their Revelation 80. In which case, I have one and am very pleased with it :)

Generally, two inch diagonals are optically superior to 1.25" models because it is more difficult/expensive to grind/cut smaller mirrors (imperfections usually occur around the mirror edges, where they are cut). Typically, a 1.25" diagonal might achieve 1/4 wf accuracy whereas a 2" will be around 1/10 wf.

So, you should see an improvement, even when using regular 1.25" eyepieces.

Archived