NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6pro -EQ6pro -What's the difference???

Originally the NEQ6 was the same as the EQ6-PRO but with an extended counterweight bar and a Losmandy-type (wider) dovetail saddle but about 3-4 months ago the EQ6-PRO was quietly renamed as the NEQ6 without any change to its specification. Things have been a tad confusing ever since.

The thing to note is that currently the NEQ6 with the longer counterweight bar and wider saddle cannot be bought as a mount alone, it is only available packaged with the Explorer 300p.

Also, ADM offer a Losmandy/Vixen dual saddle and Ambermile offer an extended counterweight bar for the standard NEQ6/EQ6-PRO.

HTH

• 3 weeks later...
Originally the NEQ6 was the same as the EQ6-PRO but with an extended counterweight bar and a Losmandy-type (wider) dovetail saddle but about 3-4 months ago the EQ6-PRO was quietly renamed as the NEQ6 without any change to its specification. Things have been a tad confusing ever since.

The thing to note is that currently the NEQ6 with the longer counterweight bar and wider saddle cannot be bought as a mount alone, it is only available packaged with the Explorer 300p.

Also, ADM offer a Losmandy/Vixen dual saddle and Ambermile offer an extended counterweight bar for the standard NEQ6/EQ6-PRO.

HTH

Several suppliers here in Australia sell the mount on its own?

;)

As an owner of an NEQ-6 I can confirm that there was absolutely no visible difference between my mount and the EQ-6's I saw at Kielder.

Mine was purchased with my FLT-132, but the manual does constantly refer to the sykwatcher 200 so I'm sure that's the case.

When I queried what the N stood for someone offered Newtonian, again suggesting that these we intended to be sold as a package. Aside from that I don't thing there is a difference.

Cheers,

Mike

Archived