Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M76 (with a 12 month interval between exposures.....)

Tim

M76 - Planetary nebula in Perseus. Good visual target this one, especially with a larger dobsonian.

I got my first capture of this at last years Kelling SP using a C9.25 and a 350D.

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/69679-m76.html

This year I went back with the Skywatcher MN190 and a Starlight CCD camera, and some narrowband filters. It will be a better target in the C9.25, but I was pleasantly surprised by what the MN190 combo produced, especially as I found out a week later that the camera was not sitting squarely in the drawtube, making for stretched stars and dodgy collimation.

This was 12 x 900secs Ha + 10 x 900secs O3 + 1 hour in total for a quicky LRGB layer for the star colour. Once my pier is set up,i'll come back to this I think and do it properly, not from a windy field in Norfolk :D

I was lucky enough to be given a tour of a few planetary nebs at Kelling, apparently there is a new one roughly every 12 months in our galaxy. I saw a great one I am keen to have a go at when it comes to a more sensible height, contrary to red field tradition I was shown it visually at around 4.30am, I was quite impressed with the stamina of some of the visual only guys! Of course, by 4.30, most of the imagers have only just got Maxim running smoothly..........:D

Thanks for looking.

TJ

tj-albums-kelling-heath-autumn-2009-picture2949-m76-planetary-nebula-perseus-skywatcher-mn190-sxvf-h9-camera-ha-o3-ha-o3-lrgb-star-layer.jpg

Archived