Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Counterweight for 200P on a vixen GP

Might be worth a call to Astronomia in Dorking if your local - they have some big Vixen weights they were ( a few weeks ago) looking to get rid of. Think the ones they had were something like 7 and 10kg weights but without a GP mount they are useless as the locking screws wont grip onto an HEQ5/EQ6 mount.

If you have to have it posted its going to hurt on postage I'd guess.

By the way I have a 200P on an HEQ5 and I have three 5.1kg weights as the Moonlite focuser, Baader red dot and my heavy EPs push the scope off balance with less than three - I used to use a weight extension bar but found it made the HEQ5 unweildy for transporting.

That's exactly what I've done, got the dumbell weights from Argos. I use the two that came with the mount(eq6) and one from the pack.

I put the one dumbell weight on last so one of the two that came with the mount is used to lock the dumbell up against a large 2" washer I use on the end of the bar. The second weight I can then slide up and down to balance whatever I've got on the mount.

10" newt, 102 wide view celestron, guiding camera and imaging camera.

Hope that helps.

Postage is the killer though if you want to get one from anyone selling. If you weren't so far away I'd say drive over and I'd let you have one of my spares, just noticed your a few hundred miles away though.

Regards

Keithp

• 1 month later...

Archived