Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M2

Andrew

I managed to get out a few times over the past week and have been working on observing and sketching some fairly faint, southerly targets (M30, M72, M73, M74, M75). M2 was one exception to these in terms of brightness and detail. I observed this globular on a couple of nights and it seemed to be fairly sensitive to seeing and transparency. Under good conditions it really was spectacular, with a bright uneven core surrounded by a halo of c. 50 faint resolved stars with several arms of unresolved starlight radiating out on both N and S sides.

post-12861-133877400966_thumb.jpg

Lovely sketch Andrew, :)......Glad to see you've made the most of the weather this week, your fine collection is coming along nicely....think i got more observing in this week than I have the past 2/3 months!......mind you ,been laid off helped ! :o...

regards craig.

Archived