Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

work in progress M33

peter shah

had very patchy skies last night....managed a few frames...10mins in Green, 20 in blue, 30 in red and Luminance....every frame was hampered with cloud losing the guide star many times....seemed to only just be enough to pull out the colour. The luminance wasnt too bad but i know it could be better.

i will give another bash next clear skies

thanks for looking

post-17181-133877400394_thumb.jpg

This has been a popular target of late, and each one I've seen has been superb. Yours is the latest in the list Peter. A truly lovely job.

It looks so good, I cannot envisage what could be done to improve it.

Ron.:o

thanks ....i had problems pulling out the colour without gradients....it needs lots more exposure to smooth it out and refine the detail........but you are right the AG8 is still pulling out surprises! this target is tricky, there is so much detail for such short exposures and a little scope!!

Thats a great start!

You manage to get very nice results with those short exposure times.

Are your skies very dark?

Pretty dark...just a bit of LP from the village about a mile away......its one reason why im pulling so much out of the data!!!.....but i have also changed the way i process, doing half a dozen darks right after the light frames, has made the biggest difference! and using a SD combined...plus i have got the scope very well polar alighned and collimated, so everything is so much tighter, it all helps with the signal/noise

Archived