Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Bizibilder

Bizibilder

I've just returned to the hobby after an absence of several decades! In the 70's, as a schoolboy I built my own 6" reflector from scratch. I have now rediscovered the hobby and recently purchased a Skywatcher 200P on EQ5 - Surprisingly this only cost me a little over twice the cost of all the bits and pieces I cobbled together in the 70's for my entirely scratch-built 'scope :) . I'm building myself a run off roof shed type observatory. I have a blog at Bizibilder's Blog where I am keeping a record of progress (among other things!).

I live in Norfolk UK but still have to suffer some "suburban" lights from the nearby town!

Hello Bizibilder - welcome to SGL.

Had a quick look at your blog - quite a few people have converted metal sheds into observatories - can't recall whether there are any on here but it might be an idea to post and ask for experiences. IIRC condensation can be an issue.

Mike

Archived