Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Registax problem - Failed to decompress AVI Frame - Why's that??

Hi All,

Iv'e been using Registax3 and 2 and for some reason when nearly 95%+ the note pops up advising unable to decompress AVI frame - not too sure what that's all about but it stops the optimisation and stacking in it's tracks!

If anyone has any info re this and what it may mean I would certainly appreciate any ideas anyone may have please.

All the best for now, going to setup the scope for tracking Jupiter again - I love that Planet - :jupiter:.

Cheers Dave.

Dave this problem sometimes happens if the laptop/computer is too slow maybe running too many programmes in the background? this hapened to me a while back but by shutting down programmes it stopped the corrupt files straight away..

Cheers

James

Hi James,

Thanks for that - it's a 2.66 GHZ running 512 ram - only runs Stary night pro 5 in background. Have managed to use the link you advised and actually have got a couple of the AVI's running and processed - superb, just chopped the affending end of the file a couple of frames and re saved the AVI under a new name and it worked.

Will be keeping myself busy now trying to make a decent Jupiter image.

Really appreciate the help mate :)

Best regards,

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dave

I had the same issue with the AVI my Fuji A607 produced.

The fix is very simple.

Open the AVI in virtualdub and save it as old Avi (shift - f7) and save under a new name.

Registax will open this AVI file.

Rgds

Ian

Archived