NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2" adapater

hi all need help, just brought a 2" eyepiece for use with my 10" flextube dobsonian (skywatcher) but it doest seem to fit i think there is a adapter missing? in the manual its says 2" eyepiece holder(not got) 1.25" adapter which i use, when i take the 1.25 adapter out, the gap is to wide (2.5"appox) does anyone know if there is a adapater/holder available.

ps i am a newbie so this question may seem simple to some

thanks in advance.

Sounds like the focuser you have is just a 1.25" design. The 2" version has a much larger tube size and a stepped adaptor at the end which reduces from 2" to 1.25".

I don't know if you can modify what you have to accommodate 2" eyepieces. What make and model telescope??

its the skywatcher flexitube 250px ,in the manual its says it takes both 2" & 1.25 reread the manual and the contents says 2" eyepiece holder(not got) and 1.25 adapter which i use with eyepieces suppied the trader i brought from no longer exist and i cannot find anywhere on net that stocks this holder, dobbie

I think there should have been another adapter with your scope - similar to the 1.25" one but without the screw-off bit for camera mounting and having a 2" EP hole. I have seen these advertised as separate accessories somewhere but I can't find them at present.

hi all, i am a newbie dont know who steve is or wot flo means ? or even how to post a pic , lol, trying to get my head round this sgl... but will get there ,, i know wot i need now just cant locate one thanks for all your advise so far , dobbie

On the front page of the forum is a logo for First Light Optics (FLO for short), just click on the logo to be taken to their site. The 2 guys there, Steve and James will be able to help you with your needs. Here is a link to their site..

First Light Optics - Suppliers of Skywatcher, Celestron, William Optics, Meade, Coronado Solar, Tal, Burgess Optical, Baader Planetarium, Astrozap and Kendrick

Carl...

Archived