NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Thwarted again! Cloudy!

Patw#73

Just got all my stuff out - planned on spending the evening working through all the doubles in Cygnus, and it's clouded over. looks like it's set in for the night.

I've given up and packed it all the way.

This hobby is sooooo frustrating!

yep, me too for 2 nights running. Got everything set up and just as it was getting dark enough to get started, it clouded over 100%. On both nights too, just as I gave up and packed away at 11pm, the sky pretty much cleared up.

Last night was particularly spectacular, UKsat only showed a bit of light cloud coming, but this huge bubble of cloud developed over the Midlands from nowhere, just as I was about to start. It was amazing to watch. Then to my utter disbelief, I came out of the shed after spending a few minutes packing away at 11pm and over half the sky was completely clear.

Is it scientifically possible for a scope to somehow attract cloud?:)

We (or I :)) must come across as being extremely fussy and demanding when we harp on about the ideal observing/imaging conditions - tonight seems to be clear, but it is SO WINDY!!!

I would be happy to get one transparent, clear night a week - that isn't asking much, is it?

We (or I :)) must come across as being extremely fussy and demanding when we harp on about the ideal observing/imaging conditions - tonight seems to be clear, but it is SO WINDY!!!

I would be happy to get one transparent, clear night a week - that isn't asking much, is it?

Agreed,i should be under cloud for a week or two as i am now the proud owner of a WO Megrez72 but strangely it is clear but doubt if it will be clear in 3 to 4 hours time,yuo never know though.:)

Archived