NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another hello from SW Wales

catnash

Hello there

New here after getting one of those Skywatcher Skymax 127 Goto scopes. Only had one brief 'first light' moments, itching for more but working nights, just amazed tha it's taken me this long to get a scope.

Even recognizing Vega was a very big thing. Just need to get rid of some clouds, though in Carmarthen, moving to the countryside soon and any potential house I get must have viewing potential.

So I'm on a very steep learning curve. I go mountain biking as my main hobby, even to the extent of night riding. What is a good bino to take with me to the top of mountains to learn more?

Otherwise just making a list of what eye pieces I need to reduce focal length for DSO's (see I've learnt some of the lingo already)

I know I need a portable power thing.

Many thanks, still too much cloud so on the bike but it gives me a chance to get all the tips by searching the forum, had to take the tripod back as one of the clamps was coming loose, had a celestron one with the orange base plate rubber. Otherwise this is a great forum. The friendliest I have been on.

Archived