NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC1396, a slog.

ollypenrice

IC1396, the big devil, in what is really just tinted Ha. The heavy narrowband input I found I needed in order to keep the stars down to a size which would scale with the picture. Also there was so little colour signal to play with. (80 mins per channel and 4 hours Lum, all unbinned at f3.9.)

Tak FSQ85 and Atik 4000.

Olly619281857_jWsMB-XL.jpg

Last night was clear from 10:30, So I spent 25mins desperately trying to find IC1396..

In frustration and I opened a can of larger and targeted M31 to reassure myself I wasn't loosing it :) I wantted to start gathering Data from M31 anyway.

This morning to my despair, whilst sipping my first cup of tea I studied the 8 or so quite fired early attempts at 1396 only to discover on very careful observation of the DSO I had actually captured half of it!! :)

Damn it!!

Guy....

Olly, that is one of the finest I have seen of the region, love the colours, love the detail.

Imagine how amazing this would be with a months worth of NB data ! :)

Great stuff, thanks for posting.

I agree about this one being Ha rich. I have just done it in nb and the Ha is so strong compared to the other two I could be all year getting some reasonable data. Nice work though, well worth another couple of hours, should be a cinch with all your clear skies!

Dennis

Hi Olly,

I'm with TJ, one of the best I've seen of this region. Although your working on a 'more contrasty' version, the subtle hues and tones in this verion are fantastic and give the image a 'magical' feeling. Can't wait to see the subsequent images.

Steve..

Archived