Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 63 in Ha - 11/08/09

Whippy

Bit of a long day yesterday, a bit of prior running around before having a family day out at the Natural History Museum then an unexpected clear sky meant I wasn't having a nice relaxing day yesterday! Not that I'm complaining though, not only was it clear but also very steady seeing which made observing the Moon and Jupiter a really nice way to while away the time as I gathered the data for this. This is probaly the hardest object I've imaged so far purely because it's so faint. I've seen some websites list the magnitude as 13 or so, so just framing the nebula was a bit of feat in itself! Still, I'm pretty happy with it, I may have another session of gathering data but I won't be upset if that's not any time soon.

So, IC63. Total exposure time 3hrs 30 mins (21x10 mins) taken with an Atik 16Hr camera with an Astronomik 13nm HA filter in the nosepiece through a WO FLT98. Guided by a WO ZS66, QHY5 and PHD all atop an EQ6 pro. Stacked in DSS and processed in Photoshop.

Tony..

post-13439-133877391349_thumb.jpg

Some nice fine intricate detail in there Tony, you've done justice to this very faint object. Another session can only add to it, just hope you can get framed the same with it being so feint.

Good pic though...........

Steve..

Never seen this one Tony. Looks nice.

What sub length do you think you could stretch to? There's a load there that 20 or 30 mins subs would just throw at you if you could manage it, well worth a try?

Cheers

Tim

Cheers guys :).

Tim, as it goes your (or indeed anyone's) OSC would be good for this as you've also got IC59 right next to it which is a reflection nebula so you'd get both. I could give longer subs a go but as I've only managed to get to 10 mins the last couple of sessions,I'll have to see what happens.

Tony..

Archived