Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd time Lucky Moon 10.8.09

ok some gud conditions on 10-11 Aug,

decided to try my Phillips Webcam with my Mak scope with and without UV/IR cut Filter for 2nd time,

borrowed sisters laptop to help focussing (K3CCD seemed buggy on Vista laptop)

once laptop was set up to capture i couldnt seem to access brightness, gain feature yet,

wen plugging in to desktop which uses windows XP i could

anyway still managed somehow to capture loads of seperate still captures, on both PC and Laptop

plus plenty 30sec(10fps) and 100sec AVI's,

just thought i'd share some early unstacked results

this is still of still capture rather than AVI only took about 8-16 frames,

change brightness a bit to make black more black, not sharpened or adjusted yet.

think i'm going to be really busy processing and editing in next few days but pleased with basic results already :)

post-16858-133877391174_thumb.png

heres another quick still this time its 1 frame from 30sec(10fps)AVI

hasn't ben stacked or sharpened yet adjusted brightnes a bit,

when i ran 300frame avi thru registax it chose 97 to stack and it did seem to improve it further

but i'm still messing about with registax so not saved any stacked versions yet

i love shadow on this pic from mountains esp as i think it looks like a Bat (flying kind)

and on night this was captured i was revisited by 2 local Bats, :)

post-16858-133877391181_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking image.

As far as whether it's over processed or not - the honest truth is, it looks fine to me. I've found with my moon images, some people think they're great, some people think they're over processed, and some people think they need more processing. At the end of the day it's personal choice and whether you're happy with it. My aim is to maximise the contrast and sharpness while avoiding graininess and an over processed look to bring out as much of the detail as possible. Then I just sit back, look at it, and think - "Am I happy with it" - If the answer is yes, then I've succeeded.

Have you thought about doing a mosaic of the moon or a larger section of the moon - that's great fun - Jigsaw for astronomers!!!

Archived