Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

300D causing vibration issues...?

Ant

Really quick question... Hopefully someone can help..?

I'm going to do a little guided imaging tonight - SXV-H9 through the ED80, guided with the ED100/DMK.

I want to try and capture some meteors.

If I mount the 300D on the top of the ED100 - will the shutter going off every 60 seconds or so cause any vibration issues with the ED80?

Cheers

Ant

I have run 3 dslrs all going off at differnet times ... on my setup and so far havent been able to detect any noticeable visual effects...

The shutter is so light compared to all the solidy mounted kit that it shouldnt really introduce much in the way of vibration and the duration of any induced vibration will be very short in terms of exposures you are likely to be using with the CCD's

Try it for future reference but i would be very suprised if you have any real problems...

Peter...

I might well do that. It was something that I considered doing, but decided against it then.

But this is 6 years later... no warranty to worry about. But not tonight, knowing my luck it won't work and I'll miss a clear night

Cheers

Ant

Having a delay wont help DN, I'm concerned about the 300D vibrating the CCD on the scope next it - but I'm pleased to say that having taken my first sub of NGC7635 that the piggy backed dSLR doesn't seem to be causing any issues.

Currently I'm taking 10 minute subs of the Bubble in OIII, while at the same time as taking widefield meteor shots with the 300D sitting on the ED100.

It's quite warm tonight, sitting here in short and a T shirt. Hoping that I can get 4 hours of data...

Got the alarm set for 3:30am, to pack it all away...

Looking at the weather again I should be OK here untill around 6am. So I'll be taking the risk and going to bed.

TJ it should clear for you around midnight by the look of it.

Ant

Ant

Sorry Ant, I didn't realise it was the equipment next to the 300D you were worried about, makes sense now lol.

It's clear here in Westbury Ant,, but in the last hour the wind has picked up a bit, dohhhh, there's always something that spoils it,,,,looking forward to winter now lol.

No worries.

Well I set everything up, but missed one vital step in my haste. So I set the alarm for 3:30 and got up to pack everything away.

I set Maxim going to take some 15 minute subs and the balance in 10 minute subs, at the same time I've taken 155 x 2 minute guided subs of Ursa Minor to try and capture meteors.

I did a quick review of the images on the DSLR and I have at least one meteor, not sure if it's a perseid though - my brain at 4am couldn't work out which direction it came from :eek:

The vital step that I missed, I forgot to polar align :):):p. So the 15 minute subs suffer from field rotation :D. I might be able to save the 10 minute subs...

Ant

Archived