Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Cocoon nebula, from the distant past when we used to get clear nights!

RobH

Hello folks,

Apologies for my quietness recently, terra firma has been uppermost recently, with work and the usual run of visitors to our house by the seaside!

What with work and the weather, I've not managed to image since the beginning of July, and still have to give the AP1200 a good run !

This, if the clouds ever part, is the start of an image of the Cocoon, which I still need to get RGB for, and more Ha too. I have some OIII, but not much, and although I may mix it in with the green and blue, it isn't much to work with on its own.

So, here's 14 x 15 minutes of Ha taken with the TMB152, Atik 16HR and a 13nm astronomik filter mounted on an AP1200 GTO mount.

I just found some M33 widefield data from last December too, so will put that together soon. happy11.gif

Cheers

Rob

post-14403-133877391052_thumb.jpg

Lovely detail in there Rob. I have some colour for it, mind if I add it in? :)

Was wondering where you had been, it seems for once us 'northerners' have had better skies than you down there, but it has been pretty dismal.

By all means add some colour Tim :)

Yes, I've been going with the flow and taking a bit of a break while circumstances are not in favour of things astronomical. I've been going full tilt since I started imaging at the end of 2006, and time out is sometimes a good thing I think :)

Cheers

Rob

You not going to Kelling then Rob.?

Would have been great to see Mrs and you again, and Nelson of course. It will have to be SGL5 Then I guess.:)

The imaging layoff won't do you any harm, as you say.

The Cocoon and M33 will keep you ticking over till the good skies arrive.

Ron.:)

No Ron, I can't get to kelling I'm afraid. I have 10 days work abroad, getting home on the 19th, so Kelling's not an option....would have loved to have met up again, but we may be heading up your way in the camper in the not too distant future :)

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thought you'd been quiet.

Well now, it does look as if there are one or two crispy details in that image... Very crispy indeed. I have no doubt that once under way again you will nail it in the usual style. I have a plan for this one too; widefield in the FSQ/4000 while over on the other mount an orgy of luminance on the bright nebula with the 127/16HR. However, my guests might have other plans so who knows. Meanwhile, see what you think of this Tom O'Donoghue image taken a couple of months back with his FSQ106.

Flickr Photo Download: LRGB Cocoon Nebula

Cheers,

Olly

No Ron, I can't get to kelling I'm afraid. I have 10 days work abroad, getting home on the 19th, so Kelling's not an option....would have loved to have met up again, but we may be heading up your way in the camper in the not too distant future :)

Cheers

Rob

If you are, then You are more than welcome to visit.

It would be a pleasure to see you all.

Are you contemplating a Lakeland visit, or Scotland perhaps.?

Our door is open mate.

Ron.:)

Hello Olly.

Toms image is a beauty isn't it....it's going to be hard to better I think :)

I'm trying out my new rig today. I made a support which means that I now have 3 scopes on the AP1200, the TMB with the 16HR, the WO FD80 with the SXVF H16 doing widefield, and the Tal 100R with the DSI pro as a guidescope.

It seems to be working fairly well but a few Dec balance issues are showing up.

Ron, we don't know where we're headed at the moment, and will probably decide at the last minute, but if we are up your way there'll be no escaping us :)

Cheers

Rob

Archived