Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 6888

Dave Moulton

Hi Everyone,

First post on this Forum and a pic for you. This one was taken last night with a large moon in the sky so some funny gradients and sky colours came through and I found it tricky to cope with.

My 11 year old Great Nephew Jed pressed most of the butttons and grabbed the data for me for this one

Details:

Scope GSO 8" f4 Newtonian

Camera SXV-H9

70 mins Ha 70 mins O111

Synth Green channel added

Cheers,

Dave Moulton

post-14400-133877390746_thumb.jpg

Nicely done Dave... sorry the pair of you?

New to this narrowband malarky so what does the Synth green add if you have real OIII data mapped to Green and the Ha to the Red

Peter...

Hi Peter,

I am not qualified to say to be honest I am flying by the seat of my pants with this Narrowband stuff. The O111 data was mapped to the Blue and the Green was a combination of both. Gave me colours that look something like they should at least part way. Haven't explored a different way of combining he data as yet. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated in that regard

Cheers for that, and the comments, the Little chap is looking over my shoulder as I type

Dave

Very nice Dave, I like the result, I have just got one of these GSO F4 newts it looks promising, how is the perfomance your scope?

I love this fast Newt. To be honest though, collimation is critical even if off a little results degrade. It took me quite a while and I had a lot of help from people on this forum getting this right but it has held collimation well since the last adjustments were made.

From an imaging point of view at F4 it gathers the photons in a much shorter time and you see the benefit immediately. Focusing is a challenge and a lot of my images are a little soft as it is difficult to get spot on. Something I need to work on. The Baader Mpcc is a must on this scope as well.

Dave

I love this fast Newt. To be honest though, collimation is critical even if off a little results degrade. It took me quite a while and I had a lot of help from people on this forum getting this right but it has held collimation well since the last adjustments were made.

From an imaging point of view at F4 it gathers the photons in a much shorter time and you see the benefit immediately. Focusing is a challenge and a lot of my images are a little soft as it is difficult to get spot on. Something I need to work on. The Baader Mpcc is a must on this scope as well.

Dave

Having used a F4 SNT I know how critical the collimation is!! and I have found the GSO seems to hold it quite well, I already have the MPCC so that was one less thing to get.

I do like the lack of physical size and weight which makes setting up so much easier and no bother for the mount to handle either.

I use a Bahtinov mask and now find I can get the focus is spot on.

Pete

Archived