SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Severe light pollution

Naz

12.30am and I have just been outside to see how the sky looks, It was clear all afternoon and as the sun set the :D rolled in.

They have now cleared and I can just make out the Pole star :D

Jupiter is the only object worth a look, so the scope is out cooling. Better hurry as the sky will star getting light again in another hour or so :x

naz

I Was out as well but the skies ain't getting that dark at the mo and Jupiter is to low frustrating hobby and the worst thing is we have lived through the best time for the planets without knowing it At least for a while.

Ever considered a Coronado PST :sunny:

All spending suspended by the Finance Dept. :D

Bummer naz!!!

What news on the re-location?

Waiting for a buyer :D

naz

Being somewhat south of you, I get some darkness even this time of year. I had Jupiter in the scope last night, and it cleared enough that I could see bands for a second or two at a time. Tranparency and LP were generally as bad as they get, though.

Hey, don't forget the Star Fest star party in Mount Forest, Ontario, in late August. Good skies, and 1.000 astronomers in the field. Costs about $50 to register, and it's a camp-out, although there are local motels if you reserve early enough. There will be plenty of dark hours by August.

I got out last night for an hour, the only target was Jupiter, only Arcturus and Spica were showing, even at Midnight. The air was quite funny, 5 minutes of real clarity, the bands an some detail were showing through, then the atmosphere would go and I detected air rushing past, causing the image to boil. Still it was good, no cold weather gear, jeans and a T shirt. Only a month to go, and even Jupiter will difficult. But it was good and unusual, observing the gas giant in a blue sky :D

naz

Archived