Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Eagle and Swan

ollypenrice

I started all over again with this blighter when I realized I had made some fundamental errors but liked the basic idea. So this is a 2 panel mosaic, mostly with the Tak FSQ85 but with added Luminance from the Meade 127 to lift the resolution of the nebulae. It's HaLRGB this time. There's about ten hours of data in all.

Anybody got any suggestions for other 'double DSO' projects608760607_RMGHX-X2.jpg? I really enjoyed working on this one.

Higher res available here...

ollypenrice : photos : Astronomy from www.sunstarfrance.com

Cheers,

Olly

Thats a nice double dso image, Im looking into the "Perseus Double Cluster" to image, but it seems still a bit low, unless I have to wait until it's 2am, but thats the game were in. Thanks for sharing - Olly, Hay ho !

Cheers Paul. I have already had a go at the Trifid-Lagoon pair. In fact no mosaic was necessary in the FSQ at f3.9 though in the final version of the image I applied some data from Tom O'Donoghue's work with his FSQ106 at native focal length to bump up the resolution.

It's here; http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/photos/609574161_4Fc5k-X2.jpg

I guess you are heading well down south. Here at Lat 44 the Swan and Eagle are past their best. Have fun! In the southern Milky Way the background sky is as full of action as the DSOs themselves.

Olly

Olly

yep olly, off to Northern California to visit a friend, with some nice astro stuff. He is at 37N 120W...hope to catch M8/M20 M16/M17 at least. stuff that is almost impossible from central scotland

not off too far south then, but he has quite a dark sky!

plans in the future to head to Namibia for an imaging/obs week from 23S under 7.8mag skies!!!

Lovely Olly. For a tricky double, The bubble and, is it, M52? A bright cluster and faint nebula, needs two styles of processing, the Tak should pull in all that really faint stuff from around the bubble i'd have thought, it may even reach to the cluster?????

i caught both M52 and bubble in a 400mm scope with the SXVH9.

and I got faint stuff without blowing the stars, but I used e line filters which attenuate stars. Different beast broadband! the faint Ha is everywhere....its under the sofa, behind the curtains, everywhere!

Olly, once again you blow me away! Wonderful pair, so much stuff going on there.

Ok, if you want challenges, two are coming up that I can think of. First, the Heart and Soul... they're pretty close together, but still a good widefield for the Tak. I plan to tackle those two myself this fall, given the opportunity. The second, later on, it California and Plwiades, two very different types, with a dark nebula separating them. I tried thal last year, it came out ok, but not great:

Picasa Web Albums - Daniel and Pauline - Deep Sky pics

I'm very curious to see what you can do in that area, there is a lot of different nebulosity that a dark sky can really bring out. :)

Oh, another one, the Jellyfish and Monkey nebula (the actual name escapes me, sorry). Here's what I did on it last year, I know you can capture more of this area with a mosaic:

Picasa Web Albums - Daniel and Pauline - Deep Sky pics

Always look forward to seeing your pics Olly.

Daniel

Archived