William Optics odd aperture sizes ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never ever ask that question on Cloudy Nights, unless you actually want to witness the messy sight of outraged Americans exploding with insane rage! You may as well just ask if Astro Physics source their optics from China! :)

I might do it for a laugh :):evil6:

Hi just wondering what is the thinking behind WO offering scopes in the odd aperture sizes, ie 66,72,88,98,132,152 is it just because they can or is there some kind of marketing/performance reason.

Cheers Mick.:)

Not forgetting the Zenithstar 70mm I've just sold.

Oh and I agree, it would be fun to post that comment on Cloudy nights.....I dare you.....:rolleyes:

Or even better state that at a recent star party, you noticed there was no discernible difference between an Astro physics 160mm and a.n.other brand of refractor.

Pull the pin and run.....:)

Neil.

I love Cloudy Nights for the wonderful "discussions" that happen particularly in the Refractor section, oh my do they get on a very high horse about USA v China made optics, they still really believe that most US companies manufacture and build everything in the States.

Perhaps we should have a poll to come up with best comment / question to post on Cloudy Nights?

Suggestions anyone?

John

Reflectors are better than refractors in the refractor forum or vice versa!

Takahashi, TMB and all top premium Refractors are a waste of money.

ED refractors are as good as a triplet apo.

Those would cause a right ruckus I would guess.

" Являются телескопами Astro-Physics сделанными с китайскими линзами "

To stop this from getting in any way serious and to keep it firmly tongue-in-cheek use a free on-line translation service to translate you comment into some other language.

John

Archived