Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1396 Elephant's Trunk

George

My first imaging session since late April :)

I didn't intend to image on this particular occasion it was more of a shakedown for my re-built EQ6 and new side by side setup which hopefully will have cured my flexure problems I had with the piggybacked setup, I'd spent most of this session fine tuning my polar alignment and dawn twilight was fast approaching (damn these short nights).

Anyway enough rambling :rolleyes:

Image information:

14 x 800sec ISO800 with the 1000D

Flats & darks applied

Stacked with DSS

Processed with Photoshop CS3

NeatImage & GradientXterminator filters applied

I'll be going back to IC1396 ASAP as this image needs a lot more subs, not sure if I have the colours or noise levels right (it's been a long time :) ) but I'll leave that to your constructive comments :)

post-13224-133877388411_thumb.jpg

post-13224-133877388418_thumb.jpg

Yay, I was beginning to think you had emigrated George, to Mars! Great to see some more pics from you.

One of my favourites this, never tire of looking at it. Each image taken seems to reveal a different facet.

You can certainly go a lot longer sub wise with the 1000D than the 350D, 800 secs is a great length for a dslr, in summer too!

Nice pics, and again, really glad to see you posting them again!

Cheers

TJ

Archived