Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A family of eyepieces

All very good...Well mummy eyepeice tunrs out to be too much for my fast scope! Seagulls at the edges so I have to think again.

Is she one of those 80 degree 15mm Moonfish/Moonfish clones?

I was thinking of getting one of those for my f4.5 as the 30mm didn't behave as badly as expected but I guess I might think again.:)

Yes I found the 15mm was actually worse at the edges. So much so you could focus at the centre and then refocus the edges!

So I have returned it and perhaps now I will look for a super plossl 15mm instead of good quality...

Just a shame the scopes most in need of a wide field (Dobs - push and drift) are the ones least suited to them (Fast - loads of coma visible).

I find a 15mm 52 degree super plossl isn't too bad to track with but anything with a smaller field start to get annoying to use.

I guess I'll have to start saving up for some Naglers for the shorter focal lengths (or whack them on the credit card while the other half has her back turned :) )

You don't need to go to Naglers to get a decent wide-field view. My Antares Speers-WALERs are very good, and there are lots of other decent WA eps out there. Unfortunately, you do have to spend a little more to avoid seeing seagulls at the edge.

Archived