Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

great shot

managed to view and take pic also

tho nowhere near as good as ur pic

just glad i was able to view and suppose getting any pic is better than no pic

was surprised at how bright NLC were

Thanks for the kind words. This was one of about 30 exposures I made at various settings. It just happened this was the best one. Biggest problem was obtaining sharp focus as the autofocus won't work on sky objects and the infinity setting on manual gives blurred images. So a bit of trial and error was involved.

Thanks for the kind words. This was one of about 30 exposures I made at various settings. It just happened this was the best one. Biggest problem was obtaining sharp focus as the autofocus won't work on sky objects and the infinity setting on manual gives blurred images. So a bit of trial and error was involved.

Hear you on the Infinity with manual. I tend to draw it back slightly , take a test shot , then adjust accordingly. As you said , it's def' trial and error. Thank goodness for Digital !

I also use some blu tack , to stop the focus ring from shifting, handy if you're moving the tripod/camera about .

Hear you on the Infinity with manual. I tend to draw it back slightly , take a test shot , then adjust accordingly. As you said , it's def' trial and error. Thank goodness for Digital !

I also use some blu tack , to stop the focus ring from shifting, handy if you're moving the tripod/camera about .

Oh yes, thank goodness for digital. I used to take a whole series of photos on slide film only to be expensively disappointed!

Archived