Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

An unexpected ISS (mag -3.3)

Wow the ISS has got bright recently... according to Heavens-above.com it was -3.3 :)

I'd just finished taking 178 shots of NLC, and I thought I'd see if I could get a widefield M31 (standard camera lens - so not really sure what I was thinking of...)

The I noticed the ISS (forgot all about it), the camera was already focused and set to 10 seconds. So I quickly positioned the camera for Cygnus and click the button.

So here's the first, cygnus and the ISS

and here is the ISS with Delphinus (SP?) on the right.

On a side note the NLC was stunning tonight - going to make an animation tomorrow.

Ant

Little piece of luck there Ant.:)

Both exposures came out very well too, Cygnus is very nicely in the frame. Not sure which one is Delphinus in No.2. Is it the asterism on the left, or the one to the right os ISS.? I would guess at the one to the left. Looks like a lttle Kite.

Ron.:)

Cheers guys :)

Delphinus is the tiny little constellation on the right - looks like a diamond with a little tail to the right.

In the middle of converting the RAW files into JPG so that I can run them through Image Ready.

Ant

Archived