Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NLC 's and Venus, Mars and Pleiades In WF

Another NLC shot and a WF of Venus and Mars and Pleiades Cluster. Gives you all an idea of the light up here ! About 0210 BST. Moon was also creating shadows !!! Need to get ( becoming a repeated saying now ! ) a FF/FR . Would have liked to get them on the sensor of the camera using the C80 but was just out of reach sadly.

Anyone know what the star is above the NLC ? I'm thinking it's Alnath ( ß Tau ) ?

3707048734_8c44215c56_o.jpg

3707079662_fef87f97c3_o.jpg

Lovely images Herakles.

Love the NLC's...

That was 02:10 :) I was still taking 5 minute subs of the bubble 20 minutes after that :)

Which direction was the NLC shot taken in?

Cheers

Ant

Anyone know what the star is above the NLC ? I'm thinking it's Alnath ( ß Tau ) ?

I can't give you a definitive answer in the absence of other stars in the image or reliable alt-az coordinates but I find it very difficult if not impossible to image NLCs without getting Capella, and your image has the "Capella look" about it.

Archived