Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Super Plossl eyepieces - REDUCED

Skywatcher have significantly reduced the price of their Super Plossl eyepieces

skywatcher_plossl_eyepiece.jpg

All things considered, the Plossl design offers more performance-per-£ than any other eyepiece type and is an excellent choice for general use.

The Skywatcher Super Plossls are also better-made than most, with multi-coated edge-blackened optics.

The 6.3, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 17, 20 & 26mm are £19.90

The 32 & 40mm are £29.90

Our experience suggests the focal lengths 10 - 32mm are most worthy of attention.

(We are not sure at this stage whether this is an ongoing reduction or a timed promotion)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good price Steve - I might 'phone you on Monday. My local Astro Soc needs 2-3 inexpensive EPs for Public Outreach - they sometimes go "missing" so cheap EPs of reasonable quality are the way we go (No Naglers).

Tom

Are you asking which of these Plossls would be good for your scope? (Great avatar BTW).

thanks steve, yes ive got a 25 and 10 mm that came with the scope but i dont think their the same as these and are just looking for a decent eyepeice(s) that works well my scope.

Having played around with the scope and eyepiece specs I think you already have two of the most useful focal lengths, they just aren't especially good.

Initially I selected the following as being of interest:

fov_250px_selection.jpg

Then removed some to leave a 'minimum' set of three:

fov_250px_minimum.jpg

The 32mm Panaview eyepiece has a 2" barrel and a wide 70-degree field-of-view. It will offer much nicer views than the 32mm Plossl eyepiece so is worth the extra. Besides, it would be a shame not to take advantage of your focusers ability to accept 2" eyepieces.

Magnifications are:

10mm - 125x

17mm - 73.5x

26mm - 48x

32mm - 39x

I am assuming you won't be using a barlow.

HTH :)

• 3 weeks later...
Are these 2inch EPs ?

Will they work in a SkyWatcher ED120 EvoStar Pro Refractor ?

Look just above you... :D

The 1.25" barrel crops the FOV of eyepieces over 25mm so the 32mm offers the same actual field of view as the 40mm.

They will work in your refractor if you have a diagonal that will take a 1.25" eyepiece :)

Archived