NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

£100 to Spend!

Im looking to get 2 eyepieces so 50 quid each ive got a good 25mm but becuase i wear glasses i need good eye relief. 1st question is, can you get a good EP for 50 quid if so what 2 sizes would you go for with a 5" f10 SCT

Steve

A Skywatcher ExtraFlat 1.25" eyepieces 16mm from FLO for £58 and a Skywatcher Ultrawide eyepieces 9mm also from FLO for £39.95.

That will give you a 25mm, 16mm and a 9mm.

Thanks Doc, are the skywatcher good EP?

They will work well in your F/10 scope Steve - that's one of the nice things about longer focal ratio scopes - they are not too exacting on eyepieces.

John

Steve

The EPs that I found to be a good match for the Nexstar 5 was the Antares W70 range - good FOV and good eye relief. I had the 19mm and 8.6mm and only recently sold them because I bought Hyperions and an Ethos.

The EPs had a good review on Cloudy Nights and can be obtained from Rother Valley. I attach a link for the 15mm EP which will be useful even with the Barlow you have.

Antares W70 15mmAccessories | Rother Valley Optics

You could always buy more if you like the range and they are light enough not to cause a balance problem.

Let me know how you get on.

Mark

Im looking to get 2 eyepieces so 50 quid each ive got a good 25mm but becuase i wear glasses i need good eye relief. 1st question is, can you get a good EP for 50 quid if so what 2 sizes would you go for with a 5" f10 SCT

Steve

Why not get one more expensive eye piece and start saving for the next one?

LOL i used to work by the Jam House, it was great!

I used to go every other Friday night (I couldn't afford it every week!):)

I loved the live music and the fact that there was a spread of age groups. And it was proper music. I danced hard all night.

I get too knackered too early to go any more!:headbang:

Why not get one more expensive eye piece and start saving for the next one?

As its an F10 scope isnt there a cut of when the higher priced EP's stop being economical and a medium priced one will do exactly the same

Archived