Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Could someone make me a dual mount plate

beamer3.6m

Hello

Having been a member of this forum for some time it is clear that many of you have engineering skills and I would like to try and borrow some of that skill if at all possible.

I would like a side by side set-up to mount my 200p and C80ed on my HEQ5. I piggy back at the mo so the HEQ5 is more than adequate but I would prefer a side by side set-up.

Unfortunately I cannot afford the mounting bar. Would it be possible for someone to make one for me.

I would obviously buy the parts and the time.

Any help appreciated.

I am a sheet metal worker/welder/fabricator so I can offer you access to materials and processes within that area. I have various sizes of aluminium or steel flat bar available. I do not do milling or lathe work though. I would be glad to help in any way possible.

Ok.

I appear to have stepped on some toes.

I have to say that I am a little hacked off.

I asked an honest question and as a result appear to have caused a bit of a stir. I have no prior knowledge of this item (and why would I) or the issues that may have arisen between Milamber and AE.

I also have no idea who Mr Dalby is and to be honest I don't care. If someone asks a question it is a little harsh to be met with such a response.

In fact, forget it.

It's interesting to see how much this forum has changed since I stopped posting about 6 months ago.

Do you have the dovetail for your 80ed?

I assume your 8" scope is ringed and dovetailed, and the 80 sits atop it in rings too, so perhaps you have a dovetail bridged across your 8" scope rings. Is that correct?

Ron.

Here's a pic. of the bar Beamer.

It measures 20 centimetres from the centre of each dovetail clamp

the Aluminium bars are 20 millimetres thick, and the dovetail part is underneath the platform that holds the clamps, and is bolted together with countersunk machine screws. It is as solid as brick thingy.

The clamps were bought from Telescope Service in Germany, and are of good quality.

Decide if you are stll interested, and we can come to a mutual agreement on a fair price.

Ron.

post-13213-133877381696_thumb.jpg

Archived