Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Book Review - Capturing the Stars: Astrophotography by the Masters

SteveL

CTSth2.jpg

Capturing the Stars: Astrophotography by the Masters by Robert Gendler.

A couple of years back, soon after I started seriously working on my astro-imaging, I purchased Rob Gendler's original hardcover book (link below):

"A Year in the Life of the Universe: A Seasonal Guide to Viewing the Cosmos: Robert Gendler: Amazon.co.uk: Books"

The original book has been well used over the years, thumbed through on cloudy nghts for inspiration, and sometimes for target choices. I never tire of looking through the old book, its always somewhere near the top of the book pile.

Then, about 4 months ago, I heard that Rob would be publishing a new book in May. Due to some unforeseen expenses this month I couldnt buy it until this week, and it arrived this morning (link below):

"Capturing the Stars: Astrophotography by the Masters: Robert Gendler: Amazon.co.uk: Books"

If you liked the first book, you will love the new one. The book was put together by Rob, but features images from some of the best imagers around the world. You know all those astrophotographers websites you have bookmarked, with the best images you have ever seen? Well, they are all in this book!

The book is made with the same quality as the first one. Hardback, with heavy glossy pages, bright clear images, concise text. And best of all, its only ~£14.50 from Amazon right now!

Archived