NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ED80 "collar" on the focuser

I don't know what the correct name for this "collar" is, but its the bit on the end of the draw tube that takes the diagonal.

So, does anyone know of a replacement part that uses brass compression rings rather than the standard 2 set screws?

Cheers

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a guy who used to post on the forum 2 or 3 years ago. He was in Spain or somewhere - he posted about this mod to his ED80. I'll try to hunt out the thread but difficult when I can't remember what his name was! You might remember

Good call Ant.. been looking myself

What a plonker I am... sorry Daz, that was meant for you, not Ant. I was trying to call Ant while writing the reply here. That will teach me, men can't do 2 things at the same time!!!!!

Ant please give me a call as I cant get through

@Rob - D'oh!!!

@Martin - yes, that's one I found, and that finefocuser have stopped trading

@Arthur - I'll tell him!!!

Reading on CN, it looks like people don't like selling them, even if they don't have the scope for it!!

hang on, just thinking this through. The thread is on the outside of the draw tube?.... Well acually there are 2 rings on my C80ED, one looks to be a locker job!.

Archived