Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Diamond in the sky

zetajanus

Vega is a popular target lately. It's easy to understand why of course. Its lovely Blue colour together with the brightness of this huge star is very attractive indeed. The spectral diffraction spikes add to the overall splendour of the image. A Blue Diamond indeed.

Very very nice indeed zetajanus.

Ron.:icon_salut:

I really like this image zetajanus. I have to agree with Ron, contrasting it with Arcturus makes a wonderful comparison in colour and also the stages in a star's life - contrasting stars in this way is one of my favourite past times, can give you some really interesting information on the type of star, age etc. Would love to see a side by side composition of Arcturus and Vega, for this purpose. The diffraction spikes definitely add to the splendour, and majesty, of the overall image.

Lovely crisp image with true colour and rounded background stars. Really mirrors the blazing star that Vega is :icon_salut: Top job

Amanda

Archived