Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thetford Forest Star Party 2010

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason (which, to be honest escapes me for the moment) AstroTiger has decided to leave SGL, so not entirely sure where this leaves this.

If anyone knows AT, perhaps they could catch up with him to find out if he is still planning on arranging, or if someone else wants to pick up the reins?

Hi Guys,

Apologies for not getting back on this.

When last i spoke to Thetford all was arranged, except the price. These figures were not published.

when they were, they wanted £10 per person per night, which i thought for an average size family was simply too high, given the facililities they have.

Since then too i have been plagued by all manner of personal issues, ranging from unemployment to near homelessness not to mention brining up a new born baby so i am sure you can understand how Thetford took a back seat.

I am hoping however to come to something with them today.

If not then on a brighter note i am in talks with a local farmer with whom we hope to be able to arrange something.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Eitherway, i will do my very best to give you your star party.

Many thanks

Update

To Save time and hassle for you guys, here's whats arranged.

Thetford Forest can do the following

£7.50 per night per person

£2.60 per child

£3.50 electrical hookup,

Plus if you are NOT a member of the caravan and camping thing, its an extra £7 a unit per night

If you could mention your from SGL giving them your SGL username and real name, and confirm booking on here that would be helpful to them and me.

They can accomodate all of us (i said provisionally 13 tents and three tourers.

But what i am going to do here is invite you to book it for yourself if interested (mainly due to the complicated pricing structure)

The number to call is 01953 498455 the contacts are Neil and Rob, but anyone should be able to help.

Apologies for the steepish price, its what i've been trying to avoid, but i think the fairest thing is to let you guys decide what you want to do.

Clearly i think the important thing right now is this event goes ahead.

I'll of course be there with Wife and Son. Please pm me with any issues

If anyone has a Marque and can assist with BBQ's and / or Talks etc, please let me know.

They also take tourers, best thing is to request this when calling.

Once again i apologise for the unusual formatting of this. I hope this is ok with everyone.

Other than this, i look forward to seeing you all there :-)

One more thing, if anyone feels they would like to step and and help organise this i should be most grateful.

Clear skies

ps, Many thanks to SGL for allowing this to be organised here :-)

I live a stone's throw from Thetford Forest, and would be interested.

Can't see anything about dates, though, apart from a mention of October-ish in a message a year ago. When is it? Or have I missed something?

Sorry. I didn't realise it was a private function.

EH? Nooo, its a public thing, alls invited. :-)

Its just you need to call and book it yourself.

Your most welcome to attend lukebl

8th - 10th October are the Dates, thats a weekend.

I will likely be there before the 8th but will not be able to hand around much on the Sunday (prob few people will i should think)

What do we all think.

Daz, Hope you enjoy your quiz evening (if you're going)

Archived